The main features of ASSO is
- to use, create, propagate and model statistical concepts
by Symbolic Objects, for user friendly dissemination and
best practice demonstration transfer,
- to improve the building of symbolic data from a Relational
Database or directly,
- to help the user in analysing administrative data,
- to introduce structured statistical metadata in
the description of data required by data consumers, thus
ensuring the quality of statistical results,
- to add new visualisation facilities for user-friendly
- to add new methods for handling, design or statistical
analysis of symbolic data and help the user in analysis
- to add new measures of dissimilarity between Symbolic
Objects and of consensus between classifications of Symbolic
- to add new methods of unsupervised and supervised classification
extended to symbolic data as input and to Symbolic Objects
as output and
- to give tools for the study of quality, stability
and robustness of the methods.
Users have been concerned from the beginning to the
end of the project. They heve defined data type and problems.
They have worked with experts of the methods to suggest methodology.
They have permanently evaluated the progress of the project
and prototypes. They have also evaluated the final product
Evaluation of the results have been done permanently from
the user point of view. Users have evaluated the software
prototype as well as the user manual and the help facility.
Two Peer Reviews have been planned.